Sunday, August 2, 2009

Loving My Sister "LOVE"

Posted by Laureen at Sunday, August 02, 2009
"Love" is my younger sister. Actually my mom told me that I was the one who suggested to giver her that nickname LOVE. Indeed it was no mistake to gave her such name for she is a compassionate, generous, selfless, thoughtful, caring and of course loving person.

I must admit that she is far smarter than me even though I'm four years older than her. She was a consistent honor student in elementary and high school and a dean's lister in college. Even though she is obviously smart but one thing I like in her is that she is humble. There are times that she also ask my opinion and most of the time agree with it. We are like best friends. We can spend hours of talking about life's experiences, fashion, spiritual things and anything and everything under the sun. This is becuase we agree to a lot of things.

She's not only intelligent but she is a well rounded person. What's her secret? Again her being humble to admit that she doesn't know some stuff and eagerness and determination to learn. So here's the list of her talents that I know and I admire her for all of these.

  • During her elementary years, she goes with our Dad hunting, doing archery and mounting climbing.
  • She dances well. Mom enrolled us to a dancing class every summer.
  • She's good in Drawing and Painting. She won awards for poster making contests during her elementary and high school years.
  • She's also tried 'acting'. She was one of the characters in their school's version of "Miss Saigon".
  • She has also joined Declamation Contests.
  • She can sing well, play the guitar, keyboard and piano. She was our church keyboardist before.
  • She's a good teacher and a preacher.
  • She's now a very good cook. (Actually she got it from me... LOL! modesty aside..) Before she doesn't know how to cook and thank God she was tried to cook when she get married.
There is still so much I can say about her but I will just stop my list here. Anyway, I am so thankful for my sister. Indeed she's a great blessing to our family. You know what, when she goes home here in the Philippines she only brings a few clothes just to bring all the "pasalubongs" for the family. That's how generous she is.

Happy birthday to you my dear sister. I miss you so much! God bless you and praying for God's best for you on your birthday! I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

JLaine on August 2, 2009 at 12:48 AM said...

Wow grabe! salamat kau may..i'm speechless...thanks kau and miss you much!

Denise on August 2, 2009 at 4:34 AM said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet sister.

Post a Comment

 

Words From My Heart... Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting