Monday, August 3, 2009

Emptiness

Posted by Laureen at Monday, August 03, 2009

Do you feel that your life seems empty or meaningless?

That's how I felt before I had a personal relationship with the Lord.I felt that my life seemingly had no meaning. I sought from my family to fill in that emptiness that I felt but I failed. Before, I didn't have a good relationship with my mom. I was bitter and rebellious for we fought almost everyday over small unimportant matters. I felt insignificant because I felt that their attention was only to my little sister and my older brother. I also felt rejected because when I was younger, the family teased me especially when my mom gets angry with me. I could remember that they 'joked' that they just saw and picked me up from the garbage can when I was still an infant. That innocent joke was instilled to my mind as a " fact" because I looked different from my sibling. That was why when I was still small, when people praise me that I look beautiful or I look like a doll I don't get flattered but instead it 'confirms' in my mind that maybe it's true that I'm just an adopted child. So, I grew up without confidence and insecure. I was thought to be a tough child but that was just to camouflage my insecurities.

Since I was not contented with my family's affection, I sought love from my friends but then later I realized their love for me was just superficial. Then, I sought love through having male relationships. I had 2 boyfriends before my husband but I realized that the more I sought their love and affection the more I get disappointed, frustrated, rejected and the more I got hurt.

Then, later in my teens, I finally discovered that only God can fill in that emptiness inside of me. I then on never hesitated to accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior and thus I decided to have a personal relationship with him.

After that, everything just fell into places. God fixed my relationship with my Mom and we have become like best friends. God gave me genuine friends in church and gave me a loving husband.
I therefore can say that we need God to reign in our lives and in our family. I know that even before, my family for was trying their very best to raise us well but everything was just in vain, empty and meaningless without God. And whatever kind of relationship that we have, God should be the center. As the bible says "Satan came to kill,steal and destroy"and that includes to destroy relationships.

I hope that your life is not empty right now and you have found your purpose in life.
For me, my life is no longer empty nor meaningless like before because I finally found my purpose in life which is to glorify God.

1Peter 1:18-19"For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors and the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver.He paid for you with the precious lifeblood of Christ,the sinless,spotless lamb of God."

1 comments:

Denise on August 3, 2009 at 12:42 PM said...

God bless you sweetie.

Post a Comment

 

Words From My Heart... Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting