Monday, August 3, 2009

Hugs, Kisses and Reassuring Word

Posted by Laureen at Monday, August 03, 2009

It is said that everyone needs at least 12 hugs a day;

Few weeks ago I received a text message that one of our friends son had passed away because of stroke. He was only 28 years old. When I heard about the news, I was in tears because I felt the pain of a mother's heart of losing a child. Thus, I was able to say to my mom who was with me at that time that we really need time with our children and give them all the love and affection since we don't know when God who's the real owner of life takes it back.

When I was a little girl, I longed for my mom's affection. I felt that she was not that affectionate especially when my sister came into the picture 4 years after I was born. Every time I want to sit on her lap or made a gesture for her to cuddle me, she would say, "you are too old for that". That was one reason that I didn't like my Mom before (read my other post "Emptiness"). And because of that, I cling to my dad. I could vividly remember that even up to my high school years, he often embraced me and tickled me. I loved it so much because I felt reassured of his love.

Now, that I have my own family, I make sure that I will be able to give all my love and affection to them so that they will not seek that outside home. If that happens other people will have a chance to take advantage to them. I make sure I cuddle, kiss and hug them. We do family hug altogether and when they wake up in the morning, I make sure the kids will give me their good morning kiss.

The best play for my son is "tickle tickle". We tickle him and he giggles and laughs his lungs out and beg for more. We always remind our kids that we love them and they are especial to us. If I say, "Z boy is God's ---- "he will complete the sentence"---gift to Mom May and daddy". I always say to Z that "He will always be my baby".Before his response was "I am not a baby!"Lol!. but now that he understand what it means that I will always love him no matter what, he says"Thank you,Mom May"

Then, Bbefore my hubby goes out to work he always give me a smack and hug and we say "love you!" to each other because for him whatever happens at least we were able to be reassured of each others love.

How about you?don't forget to kiss ,hug and say "I love you" to your love ones now before it is too late....

4 comments:

Denise on August 3, 2009 at 8:02 PM said...

Amen, beautifully said.

Unknown on August 3, 2009 at 9:29 PM said...

mitulo jud ang akong luha ani na post ba..kay na remember nako ang akong papa, bisan naka ingon ko ug I love you niya before siya mi ginhawa ug katapusang ginhawa pila ka oros human mi nag storyanay sa phone pero wla jud ko ka hug niya ba. Mao ni ang akong na miss ang mga gakus. thanks for sharing..hangtud karon gatulo pa ako luha....

Chris on August 3, 2009 at 9:51 PM said...

thanks for the reminder! :D

my Inspirational Insights still have the same URL... do try to drop by again!

pehpot on August 4, 2009 at 9:42 AM said...

embraces, hugs and i love yous are very important to kids to assure them that you love them.. ung mga boys ko kahit tatlo na siksikan pa pag naglalambingan.. and a day will never last without me telling them how much I love them more than anything in this world :)

Thanks for updating the link Mommy :)

There is a she bloggers meet up on August 13, I hope you can come.
Make or Break

Post a Comment

 

Words From My Heart... Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting