Saturday, August 22, 2009

Blessings in cancer

Posted by Laureen at Saturday, August 22, 2009

My doctor said the result of my thyrogobyrin test was very good. He confirmed that there is no recurrence of my thyroid cancer. When I heard the report, I felt like it was my birthday again. Yippee!

You know what, my 'cancer experience' a few years ago gave me a new life. When I came into the reality of possibly facing death I was able to ask why. "What if God would take me now or later. Was I ready? Was I able to live my life in fullness or was I able to fulfill my purpose in life here on earth? In short, I was able to value my life.

I was then able to see the world in a new perspective .I learned to appreciate life more, and appreciate whatever blessings I received whether big or small. Whenever I encounter difficulties, these do not affect me so much anymore because my cancer experience helped me to know God deeper and everything is ALL about HIM. And no matter what happens, He is the reason of our existence and ultimately, we will all face Him in the end.

And since we are not in control of our time table here on earth, I learned to value my love one's more and the people around me especially those who are lost.

To God be the glory!

6 comments:

Denise on August 22, 2009 at 8:19 AM said...

Praise God for this wonderful news sweetie.

Muthering Heights on August 22, 2009 at 10:21 AM said...

What a beautiful post.

I'm so glad you had good news!!

Erin on August 22, 2009 at 1:44 PM said...

Congratulations on your good news!

Unknown on August 22, 2009 at 9:00 PM said...

Praise the LORD! I am rejoicing with you, yet. God is great and He is greatly to be praised. Praise pray for my senior Pastor Alex as well..he has been undergoing radiation now and there will be 30 plust more radiation...

Unknown on August 22, 2009 at 9:01 PM said...

Please pray insteand of praise

Sarah A. Galang, Ph.D. on September 3, 2009 at 12:03 AM said...

Glad to hear this news, blessings for you all

http://sarahg26.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 

Words From My Heart... Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting