Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Teaching English

Posted by Laureen at Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Three years ago, I had the opportunity of teaching English in Thailand. It was a volunteer work and it was a great experience for me becuase it was my first time teaching foreign students. At first I was hesistant to accept the task because I am not very confident about my English, but my brother in law and my sister encouraged me that it will not be difficult as I will just have to follow the materials and manuals that will be provided. So I accepted the task.

At first I find it a bit difficult to start the conversation with my students, but as the days passed it was just as easy as 1-2-3. I was also thankful because God gave me brilliant students. They learn very fast and after a few weeks they started to communicate in simple English.

Even though I already have the experience of teaching English in a foreign land, I still want to study English course like the English course UK so I can improve my teaching styles as well as improve on many things like my accent, pronounciation and etc. If I finish this course, I’m sure I will be confident then to teach.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Words From My Heart... Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting