Saturday, July 18, 2009

SANTOL JUICE

Posted by Laureen at Saturday, July 18, 2009

Santol(sandoricum koetjape). Santol is called wild mangosteen in English and Faux mangoustainer in French.

We have 2 big santol trees in our compound .Since its the Santol season, there are many fruits that are already ripe and just falls on the ground. The kids in our neighborhood on the other hand, are so keen in taking the fruits and the ones whose taking advantage to it the most.

I could remember there was one time that my sister was able to make a santol jam out of it .It really taste good.It taste like a strawberry jam but now she is in Malaysia . Though I want to learn how to make it but the problem is that I don't have time to do it. So, every time I pass by the trees I noticed that the fruits are all over the ground. And I remembered my father who used to make santol juice. So, during the time when the kids climb the trees and pick some fruits, I asked some and tried to make my Santol juice. just like how my father did.

It was really delicious. It tastes like ice tea. It's actually very easy to make and very cheap too. Since the santol fruit is free all we have to buy is the brown sugar.

In fact we served the santol juice to about 50 kids,youth and mothers during our activity here in the neighborhood during saturday.They love it and never thought that it was made out of santol.

Here is how we made it:


1) peel the fruit and soak the seeds and skin.
2)Put it inside the ref for at least 30 minutes.

3)Add brown sugar to taste and...


Enjoy!!!!

4 comments:

Denise on July 19, 2009 at 5:45 AM said...

Sounds good.

Unknown on July 19, 2009 at 2:44 PM said...

Wow! This is very interesting post Yet. By the way, thanks for the comments. God bless you!

maritz on July 19, 2009 at 4:52 PM said...

WOW! sarap... nice post. sori i dont know what happen wala na publish my comment..

Sel on July 13, 2011 at 5:37 PM said...

Thanks. Finally will be able to make santol juice tonight!

Post a Comment

 

Words From My Heart... Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting