Monday, July 6, 2009

Love Thy Neighbors

Posted by Laureen at Monday, July 06, 2009
James 2:8 "If you really keep the royal law found in scripture, love your neighbor as yourself, you are doing it right."
Matt. 5:44 "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."

Sorry, I hate to break it to you but I don't like my neighbor. The first blunder that they made is that they tapped on our electricity without asking our permission. We only discovered it months later after seeing it ourselves. Next, we suspected their son to have trespassed our house. He/ they destroyed and went through our window and stole our coin bank which was intended for our missions offering. If I'm not mistaken, the total amount of those coins would have almost reached to P1,500.00 . On that same incident, some food from our refrigerator were also missing. And surprisingly our jewelries and valuables were still intact. That is why we suspected that it was really a kid/kids who did it. And on the day of the incident someone already saw them in front of our house. Actually, our neighbors' kids were already noted to have done some petty thefts around the neighborhood.

I guess the reason for this is because of their addiction to video games where you put money to play the video and another game they play where they toss coins and win. We've seen that the mother is also into gambling where she will be playing cards "tong-its" with other neighbors and to think they are a poor family.

What's more annoying to us is the noise from their house at night. The couple fight almost every night. They would scream at each other at the top of their voices and you can also hear the sound of broken glasses. All these can be fully heard from our house because our houses are so close. Maybe they think they are the only people living in the whole compound. Honestly, I never witness my parents quarreling in front of us that is why it really makes me a bit nervous hearing their fights for I'm not used to be in such kind of environment.

Not only that, there were times that they had drinking sessionsa, loud karaoke singing with boisterous laughter all night long. If I remember it right, there were two incidents that their drinking sessions lasted till the next day.

So can you blame me if I don't like my neighbor?

But then something happened that changed all these....

Last February 2009, my family went out of town trip. We headed home quite late afternoon already so during the entire trip, I was just sleeping. Then, I had a dream. This is what happened in my dream...

We arrived late at the house and my Hubby was parking the car facing our neighbor's house. I was just sitting at the back and I was curious to see what was happening outside our neighbor's house for there was so much commotion. There I saw 2 people holding the husband's arms from both sides and there was a quack doctor doing his 'healing' rituals for him. After that, the wife poured something red into his mouth and suddenly the quack doctor was about to slash his throat!!.. And then that I woke up.

I thought it was real because when I woke up, I was inside the car and the car was parked in front of the house facing the neighbor's house just like the start of my dream. Then I came into my senses that it was really just a dream because I looked at the neighbor's house it was dark and my hubby came as he was unloading our things. After that dream, God gave me the burden to pray intensively for our neighbor, now I feel pity for what will happen to them if they will not see the Light. That dream indeed gave me a clear picture of the spiritual darkness in their house.

God really changed my heart, now I love them with God's love and I pray for them as often as possible to once my annoying neighbor is now my beloved neighbor.

1 comments:

Eli on July 8, 2009 at 8:48 AM said...

I've read a book na pag we're praying for the ones we used to hate it's a real sign na we're not bitter and that God's grace is moving in us. I think it's the bait of satan by John Bevere.

Post a Comment

 

Words From My Heart... Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting