Saturday, July 4, 2009

My Kids my Major Ministry

Posted by Laureen at Saturday, July 04, 2009

It was not long before that I got so busy taking care of my baby that I got exhausted at the same time felt ineffective and unproductive in my life as a minister for I got so busy taking care of my children and doing household chores. I even did not have time to myself, ministry and my work in school. At that time, I got to the point of becoming irritable and I easily get irritated especially to my son.

Honestly, there was one time that I went to attend sunday service and felt so spiritually dry. During the Praise and Worship I just sat down while watching the tambourine dancers danced gracefully. And while watching them, God used that moment to reveal to me something remarkable. It was as if God was asking me, "How would you feel if you see Zane girl (my daughter) dancing and worshiping before Me and Zboy (my son) playing drums like his dad or leading the worship when they grow up?" Then I was able to recall that when I was single, I used to be a tambourine dancer with my first leadership position in church as the Theater and Arts ministry Head. As I thought of all that, the truth stepped in like a bolt of lightning. I realized that for now my main ministry is ministering to the needs of my children. If I will be able to disciple and nurture them well then my greatest desire which is for our whole family to serve the Lord, would be granted.

What's more amazing with experience of my realization was that God confirmed it in His word because the message in that Sunday is on Ecclesiates 3:6, " there is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven.. and Verse 9-10 what people really set for all there hard work I have thought abore this in connection with the various kinds of work God has given people to do. God has made everything beautiful for its own time. "

So, to all stay at home moms out there being a mother to our children is a major part of our ministry. Truly our labor will not be in vain. Even if it takes all our strength and energies we should give out our best to disciple our children. We should make them feel that we love them so much, teach them to walk according to God's work and follow His will and then be able to tap their God given talents and giftings. We do not know what God has prepared them for whether they maybe future tambourine dancers or drummer in the church or a Pastor or minister.

3 comments:

Lindz on July 5, 2009 at 4:51 PM said...

we share the same belief, my kids too are my high priority, I look after them day and night 24/7, it never ends to me and doesn'tr get any easy either

Chris on July 5, 2009 at 10:53 PM said...

very well said. thanks for the encouragement!

Cathy on July 10, 2009 at 11:16 PM said...

A cute picture ~ I know it is hard work raining children. God bless you and give you wisdom and strength to endure.

Post a Comment

 

Words From My Heart... Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting