Monday, July 13, 2009

Is There Hope?

Posted by Laureen at Monday, July 13, 2009
My heart is overwhelmed with grief for my cousin's son just passed away. He was already a sickly boy and his condition was worsened after he fell down the stairs ( 2 days before he died) last week. The mother did not bring him to the hospital right away for her money is just P350.00. When the mother has finally informed one of her daughters over the phone, my niecem Bogie overheard it their converstation and offered to fetch them from Bukidnon and bring the to the City. So, that was the only the time the patient was brought to the Public Hospital after the fall.

What was more disturbing about the incident was that when they arrived in the Provincial Hospital, they were not attended immediately. My Cousin's condition was already so bad that he needed to be admitted at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). But sadly, it was said that all the ICUs are already fully occupied so they were asked to ( indefinitely) wait for all the other patients to be transferred to a private room or ward first and then there will be vacant units. But, when they looked at the list, my cousin's son was only at the llth place in the waiting list!

Oh my... I can't imagine what will happen to those dying patients who are still on the waiting list and don't have any other choice but to wait for their turn since they don't have the capacity to go to a private hospital? It was a good thing though, that my brother in law, Ptr. Raul facilitated my cousin's son to be admitted in a private hospital but still he was not able to make it and passed away. It was so sad but only assurance that we have now is that he is with the Lord now because before he died he was able to accept the Lord as his Lord and personal Saviour.

I was indeed saddened by his death and also of seeing the reality of the poverty and health condition of this country. I believe that we are experiencing all these as a result of the corruption in this country. The free or cheap medicine that are meant to be given to the people, now a days are in the hands of the politicians. They are using this to control people to vote for them. Congressman and Senators can partially finance hospital bills, but why is it that these funds are not visibly seen in the appropriate institutions? Again to control the people to vote for them. We can not deny the fact that this country is known to be 3rd corrupt country in Asia.

Is there still hope for our country? 2 Chronicle 7:14 said, "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Right now, I am making an appeal to all who happens to read this post to please pray for the Philippines.

And to those Filipinos out there please don't loose hope. Others don't bother to vote because they think that no matter who they vote, the country will still be the same- hopeless. So many Presidents have come and gone but still our did not change for the better and nstead is becoming worse.

Please cast your vote this coming 2010 elections. I can not forget last 2004 election when my father who was in 4th stage cancer found the strength and still went out to cast his vote. He was not ashamed even he was already so weak and with Nasogastric Tubing (NGT) attached, because he knew that there was a cause.

I can not help being so emotional in writing this post. Folks! this time let us vote wisely. Let us not be conveyed by popularity, personal gain and even to the point of selling our votes. So many officials have started right but if they do not have the right heart and right relationship with God ,in the long run they will be allured with power, greed and wealth. That is why we need to place a God fearing person in this corrupt country.

I even make an appeal to all Filipino Christians that this time we should be united. (Sob!) We all know that God has a prophetic destiny in this country, a missionary sending nation but we need to do our part. And our part is to do the right thing. Please vote a Godly person, for this country deserve one. I know God will bless this nation for our hope is in HIM.

3 comments:

Laurencita on July 13, 2009 at 9:12 PM said...

Yes, I am always been praying for our country. I agree that there is hope because our Almighty God is in throne.

Sarah A. Galang, Ph.D. on July 13, 2009 at 9:38 PM said...

I also wanted to be back to the Phil. next year just to vote wisely. Yes, I agree, we need to unite, we need great and God-fearing leaders to lead our country, nakakahiya na ang bansa natin dahil sa mga manlolokong leaderes. Sana matauhan na ang mga Pinoy sa mga nangyayari ngayon sa bansa. Thanks for the post. God bless

Denise on July 16, 2009 at 9:32 PM said...

I will pray sweetie.

Post a Comment

 

Words From My Heart... Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting