Sunday, April 19, 2009

"INDIANIZE"

Posted by Laureen at Sunday, April 19, 2009
JESU is my brother in law, an Indian by blood but a Malaysian citizen. He stayed in the Philippines for just 4 months yet he was able to influence my family, relatives, church mates and friends. This is how he was able to "indianize" us.

Music - He keeps on singing this song. "vedaye". We do not know exactly the lyrics but the tune really gets into your mind. Everyone tends to sing or hum the song. Even my kids is already crazy about the song especially my one year old daughter Zane. She snaps her finger to follow the beat the moment he hears the song. This song according to him means thanksgiving to God.

Spicy Curry - Chicken curry, curry sardines, goat curry (my favorite). Everyone loves curry already. Every time we had a party Jesu"s curry is the specialty of the house and surprisingly though its spicy its the one that is consumed first. Jesu even asked his friend in Malaysia to send more curry powder to the Philippines cause the one he brought was spoiled by the flood.

Tsa Yen (tea) - I love tsa yen. Everyone in the family chant 'tsa yen! tsa yen! tsa yen! so that Jesu will make.

Punjavi Blouses - Love her wife (my sister) gave each one of us "pasalubong". We love to wear it cause its unique, intriquete design and its totally beautiful. Zane my daughter has one and its so cute.
Wood Charcoal - Jesu has a strong, white and perfect teeth. Even my cousin Gisan a dentist was amazed how he maintain such teeth. He told us that the reason why he has such a perfect teeth is because his family used wood charcoal in brushing their teeth when they were still young. now, everyone in the family uses wood charcoal in brushing the teeth. The result really is so evident. It makes your teeth white right away.

Since they are now back in Malaysia, we're really going to miss Jesu's song, curry, tsa yen and of course he and his family.

Now I realized that even we have different culture, each culture is unique and we can learn from each other. I am sure Jesu also learn a lot from our culture especially the virtue of patience from the filipino time. ha.ha.ha.

I thank God for letting them stay here in the Philippines even for a short time, they were able to share not only their culture but also their lives. Indeed, they are surely a great blessings to us.

3 comments:

Lalaine on April 22, 2009 at 12:06 PM said...

hahahah! joker! I'll cut and copy this..and let jesu read..heheheh! naa ra ko sa intrnt cafe busa don't have much time in my hands..,heheh!

Sugar on April 23, 2009 at 7:39 PM said...

Hahaha ! I remember also eating the curry when we were at your house ! It was truly yummy. And who could forget the Choco Moist Cake ? My children and i could not get enough of it . Even Alex wondered who made the cake. =) God bless and more power !

Genefaith on June 25, 2009 at 11:30 PM said...

makitry nga ng wood charcoal...

Our Adventures Together/
Her and History

Post a Comment

 

Words From My Heart... Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting