Saturday, November 7, 2009

YS #12- Z's Birthday Cakes

Posted by Laureen at Saturday, November 07, 2009

Hello! It's Yummy Sunday once again and my entry for today is Z's birthday cakes last Oct.25,2009. I choose this entry because I want to share some tips on how to have an instant and cheap yet nice and fun themed birthday cakes.

Here is what I did for my son's birthday cakes;


I just bought a simple ready made birthday cake and requested the bakeshop to spray the cake with the color of my choice.They agreed and asked me to add P20 as an add on. I also instructed them also not to write anything nor decorate the cake with flowers.


Then, I bought the cake decorations of my chosen theme and just arranged it nicely on the ready made birthday cake. So, that's my secret. I get to have an inexpensive themed birthday cakes for my kids!


This was Z's Birthday cake during his simple party at sunday school in church.The theme was Bugs Bunny.




This was his birthday cake at school the following day.The theme was Sponge Bob.



Do you notice the styrofoam "happy birthday" banner on both the cakes? Yes, I just recycled it from the Bugs Bunny cake.


For the second cake, the person I requested to get the cake from the bakeshop mistakenly asked the sales lady to write the greetings on the cake. I was shocked when I saw the writings on the cake but I thank God for his wisdom because I was able to do something about it. Do you notice the red color on the center that was the 'writing' but I used the fork to make a design out of it. :)

How about joining us this meme? Just click the badge above or visit Perfectly Blended.

9 comments:

Chubskulit Rose on November 8, 2009 at 8:33 PM said...

design pa lang ng cakes masarap na sis!

Let's eat some pizza at my kitchen..

His Unfailing Love on November 8, 2009 at 9:04 PM said...

wow na wow...ang sarap! Gustong gusto ni AJ yan.
Grabe ang design, ganda totoong masarap pa.

Bacolod and Beyond on November 8, 2009 at 9:05 PM said...

Ang ganda ng design, kids love it.

Perfectly Blended on November 8, 2009 at 9:41 PM said...

cute..:)

Fex on November 8, 2009 at 10:37 PM said...

wow, ganda naman nito, i love it!!

Denise on November 9, 2009 at 4:44 AM said...

Awesome cakes.

Lalaine on November 9, 2009 at 6:32 AM said...

bonggacious bitaw cya tanawon,..murag mahalon..heheh!
Lalaine's World
From Asia and Beyond
Day to Day Miracles
Trying to be Fit
Not a Shopaholic

More Than Words on November 9, 2009 at 8:17 AM said...

Cakes can be so expensive, and I think that is smart for you to decorate them on your own. They are really cute, and great job on fixing the mistake!

Kero on November 9, 2009 at 5:20 PM said...

you are one cool and creative Mom. this is what we exactly need at this trying time. i am definitely doing this for my son's second birthday :)

Post a Comment

 

Words From My Heart... Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting