Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"LORD, Why Did You Let My Father Die So Soon?"

Posted by Laureen at Tuesday, June 23, 2009
The pretty girl in the picture is Thea.The daughter of my older brother.

Philippians 1:21-23
"To me to live is Christ and to die is gain. I desire to depart and be with Christ."

I do not understand why? And I don't need to understand. One thing I know for certain is that I am so blessed to have him as my father even for a short time. Yes, many people I know still have their father's with them but their hearts are apart from each other. I am thankful enough even for that short time with my father because it was full of love and so much happy memories rather than pain, bitterness and despair.

It was evident that my late "tatay" dad spent a lot of time with Christ in his death bed. It was like a prayer garden to him. He even did not want to hear negative things to other people in the prayer garden of his room.He spent time praying for other people and to us. Thus, he even finds the strength to lay his hands and pray for me because I was pregnant at that time. When "tatay" was in pain he still manages to raise his hands and praise God. He knew the sure hope of being reconciled to God in Christ.

I remember when "tatay" dad was already comatose I read and article for him from "our daily bread" something about leaving a legacy. I told him that he has done a good job raising up his children and leaves a legacy to us. I told him- "tay" Isn't it awesome to raise up a family who are serving the Lord as pastor's wife, missionaries, active in church ministries. I told him those fruits will also be counted as his fruits. You know what? Amazingly tears rolled up in his eyes under his condition.

I think the Lord allowed these things to happen not to deal tatay but to deal with the whole family. Maybe Satan thought: What will happen to this family if they lost the greatest person in their life? Well, I tell you what? the lesson we learned from the greatest person we have our "tatay"dad. We will still be going to raise up our hands and praise God, "As for me and my house we will serve the Lord. "

I missed him so much..... The only thing that I regret is that he was not able to see his grandson Zboy and granddaughter Zane. But I know he could see them from up above in heaven and we will all together meet there someday....

2 comments:

Chris on June 23, 2009 at 1:40 PM said...

God is sovereign... He has his reasons. We as created beings can only rest in the knowledge that he loves us and knows what is best for us...

SneakeePants on August 19, 2009 at 10:16 AM said...

My dad's body, Pastor Blake Hayes, died of Lou Gehrig's Disease. I look forward to seeing him again in heaven. When you look at eternity, 100 (or less) years is the blink of an eye.;)

Post a Comment

 

Words From My Heart... Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting