Monday, June 29, 2009

Big Lessons from Little Children

Posted by Laureen at Monday, June 29, 2009
This is Z when he was 3 years old


Mat: 21:16
"out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants you have perfected praise"

In light of Mat:21:16, I remember when my son Z boy when he was still 3 years old. That time, I kept reminding him not to be afraid of the dark or when he is alone. I used to say "don't be afraid Z boy because Jesus is in your heart."

One time when we were traveling with my hubby to his hometown, my hubby took the opportunity to drop by and visit one store which is one of his clients. So Z boy and I decided to just hang out in the mall while waiting for my hubby to finish his transaction. It was our first time to visit that mall since we are not from that place.

When Z boy and I were tired from roaming around the mall we decided to eat in one of the famous food chains here in the Philippines and of course my son's favorite, Jollibee. The place was so crowded. And when we finally manage to get our table, I asked Z to sit down and looked after the things we bought while I go and order our food from the counter. When I finished ordering I went back to the place where Z was sitting. Gosh! I then realized that Z was not there, anymore! I searched for him everywhere but still I didn't see any sign of him. I could already hear my heart pounding so loud because I couldn't find him at all and we were new in the place. So I tried to search for him again and to my dismay still I did not see Z. But when I turned my back again he was already in front of me.

I almost cried and exclaimed "Oh, Z you made mom may scared, where were you?" He answered, "Mom May, why were you scared Jesus is in your heart. I just went to get, the spoon and fork." Lol! whew! it really hit me head on ... He had a point, so why did I get so scared? huh?

Jesus is in your Heart. Is it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! As they say, never underestimate a child's mind. :) Have a blessed day!

Phebie on June 29, 2009 at 12:08 PM said...

hahhaa...maski ako makulbaan man jud ko! pero Z is so RIGHT! We have nothing to be afraid nor scared of because JESUS is in our heart!

Nenette on July 1, 2009 at 11:19 AM said...

amen! sometimes our children are the one's teaching us a lesson hahaha!

Post a Comment

 

Words From My Heart... Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting